You can import member awards from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. In order to do this, go to the Repository menu, then select Local Data, then select Awards Data. Select Export Blank Template to export the required template.
The exported template has 12 sheets for the various award types. Please note that the system will only import awards for existing members.
- Date: refers to the date the award was issued - mandatory
- Surname: the existing member's surname - mandatory
- Given: the existing member's given names - mandatory
- Gender: the existing member's gender - mandatory
- Bow: refers to either compound, recurve, longbow, barebow compound, barebow recurve or crossbow - mandatory - entries must match one of the given values
- Discipline: refers to either outdoor, indoor, field or clout - mandatory on classifications sheet - entries must match one of the given values
- Round: refers to the target round shot - optional
- Score: refers to the event score shot - optional
- Event: refers to the name of the event where the award was shot - optional
- Award: refers to the award score, e.g. 1200 for a FITA Star - mandatory where applicable
- Colour: refers to the colour of the award, e.g. Red for a FITA Award - mandatory where applicable
- Distance: refers to the distance shot for all golds and perfect scores - mandatory where applicable
Notes for All Gold/Perfect Scores:
- If the award claimed was shot on an 80cm face, mark the distance as (for example) 30m. If the face used was a 122cm face, simply enter the distance as 30
- If an award is claimed for 18 metres, it will be assumed that the face used was a 40cm face.
- If an award is claimed for any distance greater than 90 metres, it will be assumed that the event was a clout event and the clout face will be used.
- Do not modify the column headings on the export sheet, otherwise the system will not process the file.
- If a name on the sheet cannot be found in your member list, no awards will be processed.
- Names on the sheet must match exactly the names in your member database.
- Existing awards will not be updated or overwritten.
Once you have completed filling in the exported spreadsheet, go to the Repository menu, select Local Data, then select Awards Data, the select Import. You will be prompted to open the spreadsheet. Select the spreadsheet then press OK. At this point, the system will attempt to import your members' awards. Once this is complete, you will see a dialog window displaying how many awards were imported and how many awards were not imported. If you have awards that are not being imported, you will need to re-visit the spreadsheet to make sure that the data entered is in the correct format.